My idea is...

WinRT Line of Business

Showcase how LOB will work in WinRT - think of a UI that's out in the wild "known" and showcase how it could work in an uncluttered, better UI for Windows 8.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Code52AdminCode52 (Overlord, Code 52) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eivind Gussiås LøksethEivind Gussiås Løkseth commented  · 

I've been thinking about porting GnuCash to .NET for a while, to be able to create mobile and WinRT clients. GnuCash is great, free and open source, but there's no mobile app supporting its file format, that I know of.

• Nicholas RaynerNicholas Rayner commented  · 

Also an app for interacting with Jira would be awesome :)

• Nicholas RaynerNicholas Rayner commented  · 

Looking at XERO, Quickbooks, Freshbooks etc they could all benefit from a Metro-style app for Windows 8. people who are using the apps are already time-precious so having a metro-style app to manage tasks would be grat

• Philip DayePhilip Daye commented  · 

The skeptics that I know site the lack of LOB apps as a reason why Windows 8 won't be successful.

I think a slightly more ambitious undertaking, such as a Quicken/QuickBooks type frontend would be a more compelling showing. (Although a week may be too brief a time to complete it in.)

• tobintobin commented  · 

This could even turn into it's own kind of blog/tumblr? Metro designs for WinRT, if @shiftkey, @kiwipom, @mabster, others wanted to start it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base